Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CrossFitting Mommy to BE!!


Jen Perkins is one of my best and oldest friends. We met each other in 4th grade, I was wearing a puke yellow shirt and Jen had on the coolest Mickey Moose watch around. I was a huge fan. We became great friends immediately. Jen is only a few short weeks away from giving birth to her first child! A baby girl...Yayyyyy! I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to coach her to great health all during her pregnancy! Jen has been kicking butt and taking names twice a week from the moment she found out she was expecting! Never complains and LOVES IT! What an inspiration! Last night I had a flash black of all our fun childhood times! From getting stuck in trees that no one would climb.....building massive "forts" indoors with all the clean sheets...candle lit underneath and all (SAFE HA). Some of the best times of my life for sure. Sometimes I have to pinch myself as a reminder that this is my life. I am living my dream of owning my own CrossFit Gym with the best business partner in the world;). I wake up every day doing what I love and have the opportunity to help those that I care about the most each and every week change their lives! How much better can it get??!! Not much!! And to the Perkins family....I have and always will consider you my second family...even if I'm not on your couch every afternoon watching Saved by the Bell and eating all the Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. Keep it up Jen! We gotta a baby to push out:)

2 comments:

  1. don't forget suicide hill and all the spilt glasses of milk. Jen you are a great inspiration for all mother's to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you sister, you have made this an easy pregnancy. crossfit changed my life for sure and has given me a healthy and energetic pregnancy!!! we do have so many fun memories, glad we are still making them!

    ReplyDelete