Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Yummy in the tummy!


4 weeks ago I set a goal for myself to not have any "treats" aka icecream or chips ;) until after the Butcher challenge this Saturday. This was just to get myself out of thinking I needed a treat EVERY WEEK! The past few days I have started to get really bored and began having some serious cravings. When this happens I turn to my fork AND my jar of Sun butter. NO BUENO!! So I decided to give this smoothie a try for my post workout meal and OMG I loved it! I don't really eat apples so I didn't have in the house. I used some of Landon's frozen pineapple instead but I think an apple would have tasted better with the banana:). I will also admit that I skipped the sprouts (hate hate hate sprouts!) and used cucumber instead and added extra spinach for more greens! Here is the recipe I went by but changed a bit to fit what I had in the house....sometimes you have to go with what you've got!

1 small apple, cut into large chunks
1 small frozen banana, broken into chunks
1/4-1/3 ripe avocado
1 very large handful fresh spinach
1 handful alfalfa sprouts
1/2 cup water
6 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth

What's your Favorite smoothie recipe??


No comments:

Post a Comment