Monday, December 6, 2010

16 hour days and staying Primal/Paleo. My menu of choice!

Landon and I work long days. Leaving home when it's dark and getting home when it's dark is a normal ritual for us. That being said it can be hard sometimes to prep our food food like we want. It is really easy to make excuses when days are long and work is busy, but our motto is no excuses! Especially with NUTRITION! When I hear the excuse of "I don't have time" to me it's exactly what it is. An EXCUSE! If you want the results then work for it. Everyone wants to feel better and be healthier but aren't willing to do what it takes. Do I hate prepping my food and cooking? HELL YES! But I do what it takes to FEEL GOOD AND LOOK GOOD! I do get all pumped up when I'm done as corny as it sounds. Having food prepped for the whole week is an awesome feeling, but before I start it is the last thing I want to do!

There are for sure those days when I don't have time at all to prep. It just can't happen. These are the times when I remind myself that I am not perfect and it's OK to have someone else cook my food:). It always tastes better when someone else cooks for you right!!!! Anyways, so here is what I do....

I have found what I think in my opinion is the best option. Outback Steakhouse Curbside take out! Why?

#1 Gluten Free and I have never gotten sick. This is very hard to come by. Most places say they are gluten free but that doesn't mean anything.

#2 It's as Paleo as it gets (excluding the steak not being grass fed/organic). They are awesome about doing no butter no seasoning and they will Char grill your steak for you for more flavor! Yummo!

#3 I can get 2-3 dinners and 2-3 snacks out of what I order. I am very frugal so this is important to me. I explain below....

#4 It's curbside and they do all the work for you!

Here is what I order:

-11oz gluten free Outback special (no butter, no seasoning, char grilled)
-Steamed veggies (no butter, no seasoning)
-Side salad with no croutons, cheese or onions(HATE) add extra tomatoes and cucumbers (gotta have something on there!) Ranch dressing on the side. (Depending on the week I will use this as my fat, or I will use my own at home)
-Kids gluten free chicken on the barbie (usually 3 ounces) with steamed veggies (again no butter or seasoning)

Lots of food right!? I get usually get my protein taken care of for at least 2 or 3 dinners(3-4 block dinners) and 3 snacks(1.5 to 2.5 block snacks) out of this.

Best part is it usually runs my only $22 bucks! Legit right! Love it!

SO now that you know what I do when times get tough and I can't prep etc, Tell me what you do? What's you secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment