Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Love or In- Love....with CrossFit

“Dreams are like stars...you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny.” Unknown

The pic above is from last March at sectionals. Sectionals was the last and actually the only legit individual competition I have ever done. I had just gotten my first un-assisted kipp about 4 weeks prior. Finally somewhat mastered my double under's....well at least on pavement that is. Damn grass HA!. I had just finished my first 30 day paleo challenge that January before and strict Paleo was still pretty new to me and my body. Tried to keep as clean as possible but still "treated" myself a lot on non-paleo treats;). I ate a lot of fruit and almond butter but very little green veggies and clean healthy oil's. I LOVED CrossFit.

Needless to say....a lot has changed since then.

Double unders are now one of my best and favorite movements. I am inches away from chest bar pull up's and did a few of my first butterfly pull up's last week (yay). Paleo is now a way of life...my life. I choose to stay pretty strict(95/5)now and have learned more than ever how much food affects my personal performance. I now CHOOSE to fuel my body with less fruit and more greens, rarely eat nut butters and enjoy a wide array of healthy oil's daily.


It's now safe to say that I am "In-Love with CrossFIt". I know this sounds a little stupid but it's true. Before I loved the thought of being a good CrossFit athlete but wasn't truly giving it my all. I liked being "one of the cool kids". Ripping my hands was almost something to brag about and missing a WOD wasn't THAT big of a deal. I didn't have the same respect I do now for all the amazing female athletes, how hard they have worked the last 3-4 years to get where they are now. I truly can't imagine my life without CrossFit now. Missing my workout's with the 1:15 SicFit crew and Coach Big Mike is not an option. Getting better consumes my mind and let me just say this....Ripping my hands is in no way something to brag about. So with as stupid as it may sound, I am "In-love with CrossFit" and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment: