Sunday, March 27, 2011

Biggest Loser Interview!


These past few weeks have been rather crazy to say the least. I have kept this on the DL for a long time now, well what seems like a long time to me and I'm ready to share finally.

About 3 weeks ago I had my first phone interview ever. Here's the thing....this was not your "normal" phone interview. There was no preparation for this interview, as I didn't apply and I had no idea I was about to do it until about 30 seconds before. The "job"? Oh....just Jillian Michael's job from The Biggest Loser. No big deal right??!! Um yeah I was a little freaked out to say the least. I was referred by some of the amazing Coaches and Physical Therapist at CATZ which was a huge compliment. Thanks guys:) Needless to say I was a little caught of guard but I was like whatever I'm just going to roll with it. So I did.....

The phone interview went great. I wasn't really nervous because I thought it was a joke. No lie. I thought I was going to hear Landon in the back round laughing but, not the case. I mean seriously...The Biggest Loser interviewing me. Crazy and honestly still a little weird to talk about. Anyways...they liked me so following the call they sent me an email requesting my bio, what type of trainer I am, 3 pictures (I sent 9 me be the over achiever), videos, etc etc. Basically a lot of bragging which I am not the best at. Especially when you have people who actually applied for this who have been over a dozen and a half magazines. Awesome.



A week went by after not hearing a reply from the email so I kinda just wrote it off. I was little sad because I started to get a excited (which pissed me off). I decided to take it as huge compliment for them to even request my info..or I at least tried to. About 10 days later they called. Um wow. Blew me away. They apparently really liked me and wanted to see me in Dallas for an in person interview as well as to see me train on camera. I gathered up 8 of my amazing clients (and Landon of course) and we took a little road trip to Dallas for the big interview. It was the most stressful week/event of my life. I know it shouldn't have been but it was. The more I thought about it the more I realized how much I wanted to do it. Not because of the money or publicity for the gym, but because I know I have a true gift with overweight individuals. There are a lot of people in this world who I would love to help and just don't have the ability to. I saw this as a way that I could.
I had a lot of doubts about myself that week. It seemed like each day I found more and more reasons why the wouldn't like me or my "style" of training. I didn't sleep the entire week and was so stressed! By the time the day before the interview came around I had a lot to do to prep for this. I wanted to go in knowing I did everything I possible could. No regrets. So I received some amazing help from clients and family to put together the perfect resume. I also worked really hard to put a nice book together with all my accomplishments, magazines I have been in (not that many HA) and some client letters/feedback and success stories. The book was amazing. I was really proud of it. Everything was set. Workout from hell written..check. New lulu....check. Nails did...check. I was ready to go!


We arrived in Dallas really early. So we had just enough time for me to freak out even more. HA! The casting directors arrived right on time and I immediately felt comfortable. They both were amazing. One of them wanted to jump in on the workout and I was super pumped about that! Especially since he had never done CrossFit before! Loved it! The workout was amazing (and hard:)). I thought I would be nervous because of the camera but it was the complete opposite. I was ready to show off my passion and love for coaching/training and what I do each day. Coaching and training my clients is what keeps me going day in and day out and I think it really showed. After the workout was "the interview". OK so I thought this was going to be the easy past but NO! The camera was right in my face for 30 mins and OMG it was weird! They asked me a lot about myself and again, more bragging. Ugh, I suck at that. To be honest I can't even remember all the questions they asked. It was so nerve racking! I can tell you one thing I remember though...I CRIED IN THE INTERVIEW! Yes...yes I did. Like a little child. I knew if they asked me why I would love to help obesity I would cry but good god. Really Adrien? I guess they were able to see why it's in my heart to help people and why I do what I do. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. ;)

All in all it was a great experience. Getting 1 of the 20 of the final call backs is going to be like winning the lottery but I am really happy I went through with the whole process. I really learned a lot about myself and that I am truly am one of the best at what I do. I have more confidence about myself and it feels good. Final call backs are the first week of April. Not sure if that means next week or the week after but I'm not going to worry about it. Even though it would be awesome to have that opportunity, I am so humbled and honored to even have been considered. What will be.... will be....and either way I get to do what I love tomorrow and every day for the rest of my life! Thank you to Adam, Jackie, Jen, Aggie, Karina, Paul, Mark, Landon, Autumn, Randy and Sharin for all the support and for all the time you took out of your busy lives to help me shine, I will forever be grateful! Thanks CFRR family for all the love and positive comments throughout the whole process also! It helped more than you know:)

SEEK-BELIEVE-ACHIEVE

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the success so far, and good luck with the final casting call. I'll be pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Adrien! WOW! Congratulations! Whether or not you get a final call back in April, I think it is obvious that you have a talent and a gift of helping others. Good for you! And good for others that have the opportunity to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to #Hustle and #CrushIt. Great meeting you at RealBiz. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete