Tuesday, March 15, 2011

There is only 1 YOU!

"There is only 1 you, so just be yourself and you will be fine". Wendy C.




One of my amazing clients Wendy C. told me this last week and it hit me like a pile of bricks. Being yourself should be easy....right? I mean if you ask an Actor if it's easier being themself or some role in a movie, what would they say? Themself right? Easier said then done.....

Here's the truth, being OK with ME is something I have been battling a lot these last few weeks. Now.... I'm not talking about image issues (hell we all have those), I am talking about being able to truly believe in yourself, no matter what. For me at this point in my life it's knowing and believing that I am truly AMAZING at what I do. Aka my "job". Even typing that "AMAZING" is difficult for me.... why the hell is that? I have ZERO issue's telling anyone I am the best, but when I am to be compared to some of the best in the world, I start contemplating my belief in myself. It's funny how someone can be so confident and then all the sudden feel as small as an ant. Horrible yes but it happened. Hard for me to admit it but it did.

"Good, better, best; never let it rest till your good is better and your better is best."

I am here to tell you that crap won't EVER happened again. Here's the thing, I AM AMAZING at what I do. MY amazing might be different then YOUR amazing but who cares. I am OK with that. Bottom line is that if I hold my head up high each and every day, knowing that I am proud of ME and believe in ME, that's all that matters. Not everyone will believe that, and that's OK. I'm not perfect and there is only 1 of me. So take it...or leave it. I am happy with who I am and where I am going......

ARE YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment