Friday, May 13, 2011

Business owner mentality + Entrepreneur mentality=Success

"Entrepreneurs try to make an income not only during business hours, but while they sleep too."

This is something I have been thinking about (and arguing) for some time and before I go on let me start by saying that I don't think being a "business owner" is a bad thing. It is actually a great thing. I think that business's that are truly successful have both sides meaning having both "Entrepreneur" mentality and a "Business Owner" mentality. This in turn creates balance. Balance I think is KEY to a successful business. Do I have balance? Absolutely NOT...but my amazing boyfriend and co-owner does and that is why we are so successful. My brain is going non-stop 24 hours a day. Where he can turn it off and enjoy life. This is something I am still teaching myself to do....slowly. Even if it's just for a few hours. I feel like every second I am not working are seconds that I should have used to better myself as an Entrepreneur or my business. Watching TV is a task and being on the computer is for the better of myself and future and I that's just how it is.

The funny thing is that no matter how successful I am I find it hard to speak my opinion a lot of times in regards to business. Half the time I am talking to someone who thinks they already know everything or that I am some 28 year old chick who doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. If someone already thinks they know it all well then they aren't as successful as they think they are(now that's a tongue twister HA). True success is always having the want for more. Knowing there is ALWAYS more room for growth, and how can you get more if you don't listen. Go right ahead all of you "know it all's" and talk all you want. I am here to listen to your fails and gains to put in my own perspective for my own ventures. I am a successful young Entrepreneur who is always looking for more success. If I want something I get it. Period. I will not be satisfied with a little success. I want HUGE success, therefore I have it. Success is all I know and is all I will ever be satisfied with.


Here a great article that separates the Business Owner mentality from Entrepreneur mentality. Enjoy:)



The Difference between a Business Owner and an Entrepreneur
By Donyell Nelson   

People tend to use “entrepreneur” and “business owner” interchangeably, but in reality these terms mean completely different things. This article will help you determine which one you are.
 
Whenever someone asks “I want to be an entrepreneur, what kind of business should I start?” I always scratch my head with confusion. An entrepreneur would never ask “What kind of business should I start?”

People tend to use “entrepreneur” and “business owner” interchangeably, but in reality these terms mean completely different things.

Entrepreneurs are creative thinkers and innovators. They come up with ideas and almost instantly have a plan to profit from them. They love challenges and they aren’t afraid of risks.

Business owners play it safe. They have a primary vision and that is what they stick to. Business owners generally look at what has been done, and use that as their model.

Entrepreneurs understand that they don’t have to be knowledgeable in all areas. They believe that you don’t have to know everything; you just have to know where to find the information when you need it.

Business owners are more likely to rely on what they were taught in school. They tend to believe that formal education is the key to success.

Entrepreneurs enter endeavors that are high risk high reward. They tend to create passive income and work smarter instead of working harder.

Business owners start businesses that are low risk low reward. An example would be opening a scrapbook shop that requires the owner to work 60 hours a week, take no vacations, and pay for their own health care. They’ll make a “safe” and comfortable amount of money, but if you consider the time it took to make that money they’d be better off getting a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment