Monday, September 5, 2011

And people say dreams don't come true...

This blog was written especially for LeRoy Gardner in Katy Texas to be featured during CrossFit Elevate's special week of guest blogs. I was more than honored to say the least. Thank you LeRoy and CrossFit Elevate for letting me share my story.


“When was the last time you woke up and realized that today could be the best day of your life? Participate in your dreams today. There are unlimited opportunities available with this new day. Take action on those wonderful dreams you've had in your mind for so long. Remember, success is something you experience when you act accordingly. Success is not something you HAVE, it’s something you DO.Steve Maraboli

One thing I have always loved about CrossFit is the amazing feeling of Community. If you were like me, it's like everything finally made sense. Finally, you found a group of  people that all have trust, love and belief in ONE way of life. Not just within each small CrossFit box but, as a whole. When Landon and I opened the doors to CrossFit Round Rock, all we knew is that we wanted to be a part of CrossFit. A part of something that was so powerful. Something that had changes our lives. I had no idea what would come out of it. I had no business plan. I was a figure competitor and well known personal trainer in the world of “globo gym”. Pretty much a nobody in the CrossFit world. I knew that I wanted to continue to changes lives in an environment that I believed in, most importantly an environment where everyone felt like they belonged. I wanted my gym to be a FAMILY. And I wanted to do it BIG. If you don’t know me, I am not the type to dream small. Not this girl. I want it all and I want it now and patience isn’t my best virtue. I learned really quickly that patience was the only way to grow CrossFIt Round Rock to what Landon and I wanted it to be. I waited 9 months before we took on our first Coach. This was imperative to the success of CrossFit Round Rock so it was worth it. You are only as good as those who surround you right? We worked straight through the days and into the nights, missed lots of meals and skipped a lot of workouts but It didn’t matter. It was our passion and we thrived off of it. We wanted the right team. This time last year was CrossFit Round Rock’s very first competition. Fight gone bad 5(pic below). Crazy to look back on that day now, I can still smell the wet grass and it still brings tears to my eyes. Not only was it the first competition, it was the first time we had made our very own CrossFit Round Rock shirts ( I have never loved a shirt so much), the first time we had athletes competing and most importantly the first time I realized we had what we always wanted.  It was one of the most rewarding days of my life. Everything that I had always wanted and worked so hard to get came to life. We were CFRR. We were a FAMILY and it showed.
 


So here we are one year later. 4 times the amount of members, 5 CFRR Coaches and 3 in the making, I couldn’t be more thrilled and overwhelmed with the Community we have created…..the family we have created. The CrossFit Community has given me the ability to change so many lives by doing what I love on my own terms, through my own beliefs. I am beyond grateful for the opportunity it has given me and the doors that it has opened for me as an Entrepreneur, Coach and a Leader. CrossFit has given me the chance to help others to be the person they always dreamed they could be.  I AM able to be the person…. I ALWAYS DREAMED I COULD BE.  I wake up every day doing what I love. And people say dreams don’t come true. Well folks they do. The best part….this is just the beginning. 

CFRR at our 1st year Anniversary Party


No comments:

Post a Comment