Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Miracle Microwave Muffin!

I started eating Paleo a few years back, and as time went by, my body showed me more and more signs of foods that it didn't like that were Paleo. I learned slowly that just because it's Paleo doesn't mean your body likes it. EVERYONE is different. One of those Paleo foods was eggs. I am not able to enjoy eggs much anymore. One at a time maybe, but who does that and very few breakfast recipes call for only one egg. Might I just say........WORST thing EVER. Way worse than not being able to eat Gluten in my opinion!!! Anyways..... I have learned to deal with it over the last year or so...I mean lets be honest...I had no choice! My breakfast meals are now no different than lunch or dinner which usually consist of a protein like dyers dairy ground beef or free range chicken with some sort of veggie or salad, and definelty some yummy sweet potato for recovery. This was not the easiest transition for me and it did take me a bit to get over that "comfort" that breakfast food seems to give you. I will occasionally make coconut flour muffins on Sunday but they call for 6-8 eggs which is just too much for my sensitive belly:).

On Easter one of my friends Michelle started talking about this yummy muffin recipe you could make in the micro AND it only called for 1 EGG. I can totally do 1 egg at a time so I was super pumped!!! I made it this morning for breakfast and I was the happiest girl in the world!!! I wanted to share it with all of you because I KNOW you will love it too! It is so quick and easy and might I say DAMN GOOD!!! Michelle and I added half to a full mashed banana to add some necessary fuel and to make it taste like a banana muffin. I am looking forward to trying a canned pumpkin one next! I will keep you posted:)

Dr Oz: Miracle Microwave Muffin Recipe

Ingredients:



- ¼ cup of ground flax
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of Stevia (sugar substitute)

Place the ingredients into a mug and put it in the microwave for 60-90seconds. Allow to cool and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment