Sunday, November 20, 2011

TURKEY DAY 2011!



This blog isn't about what I am prepping, cooking and will be consuming this year on Thanksgiving. It is actually the complete opposite. This year I won't be spending much time cooking tons of  Gluten Free Paleo/Primal dishes. You see, ever year since I found out I was allergic to gluten I have always wanted to be like everyone else. Not worry about what I was eating and how it would affect me for days sometimes even weeks. Always worried that everyone was going to think I was some crazy girl with an eating disorder (basically the old me). My life will always be revolved by food. Always. This is me and I have come to accept it. It will no longer keep me from doing all the things I want in life. Especially missing out on the lives of some of the people I holdest closest to my heart.

This year for the first time I don't care. This year I will be spending time with my family that I haven't visited on Thanksgiving in 5 years. I have always stayed home worried about what I was going to prepare. What I was going to eat, otherwise well...I just wouldn't be able to. Not the best feeling. Every year I felt like such a nuisance with my food allergies. Nobody will admit it to my face but we all know, even something as easy as going out to eat with me is a pain in the ass. We all know this:)SO if you can imagine, planning an entire Holiday meal around me is on a whole other level. This year I will not being using my food issues as an excuse to not see the ones I love the most and miss more than words can say. This year I will eat lara bars and banana's before I miss going to the dog track with my Papa and meeting my cousins first and second child all at the same time. I only have one life and I want no regrets. I am a FAMILY girl and I MISS MY FAMILY. So this turkey day I don't care if I don't eat at all. I just want to be surrounded by some of the closet members of my family that I love so much. AND I CAN'T WAIT!

P.S. I will be making one thing to take with me....a Gluten Free Paleo Dessert.  Because well every girl deserves dessert :) hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment