Friday, January 13, 2012

Confidence Through Growth...As a LEADER.




Being a Leader isn't easy. If anyone tells you it is they are LYING! It is one of the most rewarding feelings but can be overwhelming to say the least. In  my opinion one of the hardest parts of being a Leader is taking the time to focus on your faults WHILE complimenting yourself on what you do GREAT. As a leader taking constructive criticism is more than necessary. It's funny though, some many of us are so quick to point out what we are doing wrong before complimenting ourselves. It is definitely a hard balance but extremely necessary. Being able to point out your lesser strengths while compliment yourself on things you have done AMAZING as a Leader is a great way to grow. A very POSITIVE and REWARDING way.

I found this article and I wanted to share it with all of you. If you are not avidly seeking Leadership growth this might not interest you. For those of you that do fit into that category, take a second to read the below article, 7 Signs of a Leader by http://www.dumblittleman.com. I am going to open up to all of you by commenting on each one in regards to myself as a Leader. Both complimenting myself at what I am good at and pointing out the things I could use some help on. I am not the best at complimenting myself so know that this is a HUGE step for me. For some reason pointing out what I am not the best at has always been the easier route. I challenge you to take some time for yourself these next few days and do the same. It truly is amazing what can happen when we compliment ourselves WHILE pointing out some of our lesser strengths at the same time. CONFIDENCE through GROWTH is one AMAZING thing.


Below are the 7 Signs of a Leader. How many of these do you believe you have? More importantly perhaps, do you look up to someone today that doesn't have many of these traits? Are they really the person to look up to? The choices you make today and the people you surround yourself with will determine much of your path in life; choose wisely.




Vision Leaders are visionaries; they know where they’re going, and their committed to bringing others along. They have a clear vision of what they want to accomplish and their vision is so compelling that it inspires others to participate in the fulfillment of the vision.
This is probably one of my biggest strengths. I always know where I am going and where I want to go. I do not want to go alone and I want those that I love and trust to go with me. I enjoy creating visions of the future and won't stop until that vision is achieved. Those around me know that I will get them there through my previous success and passion to get there.


Discipline Leaders are disciplined individuals! They are the first partaker of what they preach and they exemplify unprecedented discipline, focus, and commitment in the achievement of their vision.
I am very disciplined. Almost so much that it can be overwhelming for those around me. My expectations are held high and those that choose to surround me know that this is what it takes to achieve greatness.  


Emotional Strength Leaders are not easily shaken. Leaders anticipate challenges and are not derailed by obstacles. Leaders remain strong when things get tough; they don’t faint when adversity strikes. Leaders have an amazing level of emotional strength. NOW THIS one is something I SUCK AT! I am very emotional. When things get tough I suck it up but have a habit of wearing my emotions still on my sleeve. I keep my feelings locked inside and in turn I loose myself.



Experience Leaders have experience. In other words, they’ve been around the block a few times and they know where they’re going. Their experience has taught them how to get things done and they can differentiate between activity and accomplishment, between efficiency and effectiveness. Leaders focus their efforts on the tasks that produce the greatest rewards. I feel I have tons more necessary experience ahead as a Leader. That being said, I do feel I have enough experience that my self confidence through LEADING is high. I feel I get things done.  But focusing my efforts on the tasks that produce the greatest sometimes confuse me.


Respect Leaders are respected and trusted individuals. Leaders have earned the respect of their followers by becoming an “example.” They chart the course, follow their destiny, and inspire others in the process. Leaders are respected because they earn respect. The second they demand respect is the second they are no longer a leader. I don't demand Respect and I feel like I am respectful. I think that I could tweak my approach when I see something isn't going as planned. I like to tackle it then and their and sometimes it can be done at the wrong time. This is something I am definitely working on. I never want anyone around me to feel disrespected. The thought of it makes my stomach turn!



People Skills Leaders have great people skills; they are friendly to the unfriendly, they know how to respond in every situation. Leaders do not engage in personal battles, they save their strength for the task at hand. Leaders treat people with respect and dignity; they connect with others on a personal and emotional level. This is for sure something I am great at. I respond well to awkward situations. I will be the first person to smile at someone when they aren't smiling. Making someone feel like they belong in a crowd full of people they don't know. Connecting with people on a personal and emotional level is something that comes naturally for me and I love it!

    Momentum and Timing Finally, leaders know how to create momentum, and they know when to act. Nothing great is ever accomplished without momentum and timing. This is right up there with Vision for me. I have the ability to create momentum with ease. It is something that comes very easy to me and I truly enjoy the high it creates. Timing is key in business and I feel this is definitely one of my strengths. Though my brain never stops, knowing when it is the proper time to address or introduce something is something I am great at. 


    SEEK.BELIEVE.ACHIEVE
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment