Monday, January 20, 2014

Meet #MARS


“Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work. I had to put in the time to get back. And it was a grind. It meant training and sweating every day. But I was completely committed to working out to prove to myself that I still could do it.” 

-Andre Agassi




Mario #MARS Garcia is not only coachable.... He is consistent and shows patience like I've never seen! He has trusted in me as a Coach and my programming pretty much since I started #olywod and #compRX. I remember his first day of #olywod like it was yesterday! He came in ready to lift heavy $hit and I throw around a barbell for an hour. Well, that is not exactly what happened, our first oly class started with brief conversation (basically me talking and him listening...)and me telling him "sir, you will be using a PVC for at least 4 weeks... sorry I'm not sorry." Although he hated hearing that (like an guy would... Just SAYIN) he sucked it up and TRUSTED ME and ALL THAT I said. NEVER argued or questioned. NEVER had a comeback or excuse of why he couldn't do this, that, or the other. He just applied what I said and did it. He's what every coach at heart dreams of .... a COACHABLE athlete. #MARS (name credit via THE Liam Bona) has not only come a long way in 1 1/2 years, he has made MASSIVE strides and can hold his own against those who have been CrossFitting for 3+ years. He understands and appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to be a seasoned CrossFit Athlete and I am truly blessed to be the Coach that helps him achieve that! In 2 weeks we start our weekly PT sessions and getting his nutrition on point for huge gains in 2014! I'm stoked to see where this guy is this time next year and look forward to Coaching him the whole way! Go #MARS GO!!! 

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.



No comments:

Post a Comment