|Follow from left to right|
As many of you already know, Landon and I have been on the clean eating road for quite some time now. We are always on the look out for new finds that can help us maintain our current lifestyle the easiest, quickest and most effective way for overall health and wellness on top of performance. All of the above items we have started using from January - now. So they are #LEGIT Adams Family household #2014additions. From our home to yours, we hope you come to enjoy the above items as much as we do!
Item #1: Baby Cake -Cake Pop Maker
- Use this awesome find to make paleo cake balls!! Yes you heard right! Check out the recipe if you don't believe me:) ->http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/grain-free-goodies/paleo-cake-pops/
- This Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is a truly unrefined coconut oil. This coconut oil is made on Mt. Banahaw and surrounding areas from organic coconuts. Coconuts are used fresh (within 24-48 hours of harvest) from small family farms on Mt. Banahaw and other rural places in Quezon Province, the coconut capital of the Philippines. Only the highest quality coconuts are hand-picked from each harvest. The volcanic soil of Mt. Banahaw makes these organic coconuts some of the most nutritionally rich coconuts in the world! Testing done in independent laboratories on coconut oil antioxidants reveals higher levels of phenolic antioxidants than other coconut oils. The fresh coconut meat is shredded and then the water from inside the coconuts to is added to make coconut milk (wet-milled). The coconut milk is then allowed to sit for about half a day, while the oil naturally separates from the heavier water. The oil is then heated for a short time and filtered from the curds (coconut solids). No chemicals or high-heat (e.g. steam deodorization) treatment is used, and this oil contains no trans fatty acids. We do NOT mass produce this oil. It is made by families who are coconut farmers using old-fashioned traditional methods that have been used in the Philippines for hundreds of years. Our coconut trees and family producers are certified organic according to strict USDA standards. The families who produce the oil are also trained according to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards and re-certified each year. This high-grade Virgin Coconut Oil has a long shelf life due to the high antioxidant properties. The Gold Label Standard is our highest standard for Virgin Coconut Oil. (Read more about how virgin coconut oils are made, and how they differ from refined coconut oils.)
- 100% Organic, Rainforest and Shade-Grown Yerba Mate blended with Organic ingredients.
- Improves Digestion & Promotes Balance in the Body
- 196 Active compounds, 24 Vitamins & Minerals, 15 Amino Acids, Caffeine and Chlorophyll
- Provides Mental Clarity & Sustains Physical Energy
I drink all of the flavors of this brand but especially love the Mate Chocolatte and Empower Mint!
Item #4: Matcha Japanese Green Tea
- While coffee has it’s own benefits and disadvantages, matcha may be a better choice for many people because it has a calming effect as well as giving an energy lift from caffeine and other elements from the tea leaf. Coffee can cause jitteriness, and a caffeine high with a crash afterwards. Matcha, while still containing caffeine, tends to cause a more even, long-term energy rise. Plus, with all of those healthy antioxidants, it is a great way to fight against disease and cancer.
- You digest the leaf with matcha which means you’re getting all of the polyphenols and the health benefits of the tea. Matcha is the only tea where you actually ingest the leaf.
- It is said to have about six times the amount of [antioxidants] of goji berries, 60 times that of spinach, 17 times the amount of blueberries.
Item #5: Upgraded™ Brain Octane Oil (MCT Oil)
- 18x Stronger Than Coconut Oil – Upgraded Brain Octane may provide the following benefits:
- Fast Energy For the Brain – Brain Octane converts into energy faster than other fats or oils
- Fuels a Starved Brain – Brain Octane delivers much needed ketones to fuel a starved brain that can no longer efficiently metabolize glucose for energy
- Re-balancing of Yeast in Gut – Brings candida into balance, preventing it from introducing 120+ known toxins into your bloodstream
- Does NOT Increase Cholesterol – Metabolized differently than other types of fat
- Make Meals Bulletproof - Flavorless and easy to add into diet. Mix into any smoothie, soup, sushi, coffee or most recipes, for more intense mental activity
- Easy Storage - No refrigeration required and liquid at room temperature
- Replaces More Expensive Versions– Upgraded Brain Octane is only 25% the cost of weaker medium-chain triglyceride capsules
What I like to call JUJU Juice:) ....it is AMAZING and has changed my life!!
- Serrated edge on spoon's bowl allows for quick and easy removal of grapefruit!! If you are like me and hate the stringy parts of a grapefruit get this!! It makes it so much easier to eat up all the yumminess that a grapefruit has to offer! Oh and the knife is life changing!! The special curved serrated blade, is designed to hug the curves of the grapefruit. Then you can separate the outer edge of the segments from the rim. AMAZING!
Item #7: Potato Express
- Oven Baked Potatoes Just 4 Minutes. Need we say more? A little tip...don't stuff the bag full or you will be stuck cooking them in the micro for quit sometime! Adios Ziploc steam bags:)
- Basically the best thing you've ever used to strain ground beef. Take our word for it!
Item #9: Dole Yonanas Yogurt Machine
- Best replacement you will find for frozen yogurt!! Landon and I use frozen bananas and pineapple! It's amazing for a treat and really hits the spot when you are having the intense craving for fro-yo!!
What is your favorite household item of 2014! Share them with me and Landon and everyone else:)