Sunday, January 18, 2015

Comparing.

"Comparing yourself to others is void." Carson Thomas 





2 Corinthians 10:12 
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

In 2 weeks I will competing with the #CFRR team at The 2015 Fittest Games. 3 years ago I had to drop out 2 weeks before the competition due what I now know as the start of my neck injury. For the last 3 years I have watched, cheered and supported everyone else. Although being "Team Mom" is always fun for me being out on the competition floor is something I also love very much! I couldn't be more excited to finally get to experience The Fittest Games alongside such an amazing and supportive team. We are all going into this with the same goal at hand! HAVE FUN and GROW! For those of you that don't know, this is a seriously stacked competition. Standing and competing next to a games athlete is of the norm. Excited? HELL YEAH! Nervous? You bet your A$$! It's easy to compare yourself in so many aspects of life - add in a competition and you have that elevated 10 fold. Everyone knows those comparisons only bring you down. Everyone knows it will only strip you of your own pure will and confidence. So why do it? Why constantly compare yourself? Why worry about what's out of control? Why? Well we are only human and its natural. Finding a way to combat that and realizing I can only control what I have control over. And the rest is all an experience.

A way to inspire.  A way to grow. A way to be thankful for this amazing life I have. 

Compare Every Time I am tempted compare - I will be THANKFUL. Thankful for the ability to walk this path of growth while doing something I love. Thankful for my team. Thankful for this life.  




No comments:

Post a Comment