Thursday, October 1, 2015

145 .... and proud.



Pictured on the left is a pic from 2011. I am the same weight as the pic on the right (currently) and DAMN PROUD of my 145. I ate a lot less and I worked out lot more. I worried about the scale and stressed myself out to the max about being good enough at the sport I love #crossfit. So much that it drove me to feel unworthy to be a Coach, a Leader and Gym Owner. 

I lifted heavier than I should, skipped scaling movements out of ego... I let my ego drive me. I wasn't consistent and made excuses. Failed to listen to those around me. A leader who hated herself behind closed doors and felt like a fraud who didn't practice watch she preached. It's safe to say I didn't truly appreciate the beauty that is #crossfit. 

Fast forward to now... 145 and proud and letting #crossfit do its job. 

I am officially following the pyramid of CrossFit. Am I embarrassed that it took me so long? Heck no. I wouldn't change it if I could. These lessons now allow me to relate to so many who have been in the same boat as me. I now have the tools necessary and they allow me to inspire and motivate so many. 

The scale has and will always haunt me. Once weighing in close to 190#, I feel like that can only be normal right :). It's a great reminder to find things like this to remind myself how far I have come and how much I have to offer to the community. 

Here's to where we are today and where we are going tmrw! This is your life! Make it what you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment